6/20/08

Formula One driver Hamilton overcome by pressure

MAGNY-COURS, France (AFP) — Briton Lewis Hamilton admitted that he has been finding it difficult to tackle the pressure ahead of this weekend's French Grand Prix.

The 23-year-old McLaren Mercedes driver conceded that he has lost focus because of the weight of his own expectations and has not been enjoying life behind the wheel.

Hamilton said: "The sport is fun, but there's a way you have to learn to enjoy it. There's so much pressure, and I can't begin to explain how much pressure I have on my shoulders.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself [earlier in the season], too much, and that led to mistakes, being too on the limit. I wasn't really enjoying it, to be honest."

However Hamilton is determined to start revelling in the sport again and believes that he couldn't be in a better place.

"When you don't succeed it doesn't feel so great, but these are character-building days and the days that make you stronger.

"I didn't win the last race, but I'm loving this. I get to come back here, work with the guys and push forward; there's a great atmosphere, always pushing to get better and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm really enjoying myself now."

"You can't lose this circuit," Hamilton stressed. "It's got real character and class and it's been around for years. If you lose it, F1 won't be the same.

"I don't get involved in the politics, but anything I can do to help [the British Grand Prix], I will. I feel the business is getting stronger, and stands a stronger chance of saving it."






--
Jean-Louis Kayitenkore
Procurement Consultant
Gsm: +250-08470205
Home: +250-55104140
P.O. Box 3867
Kigali-Rwanda
East Africa
Blog: http://www.cepgl.blogspot.com
Skype ID : Kayisa66

No comments:

Post a Comment