9/7/08

Oprah and the Sarah Palin Controversy

Friday September 5, 2008

Reports have surfaced in the last few days that Oprah has refused to interview John McCain's running mate Sarah Palin for a number of reasons; namely that she is scared Palin will outshine Obama. In response to the claims, Oprah issued a statement:

"The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

People have already started to object to the possibility that Oprah would be so biased as to promote one side and deny another - but is seems that the reports are merely rumors and are causing more false controversy surrounding Oprah and this campaign.





--
Jean-Louis Kayitenkore
Procurement Consultant
Gsm: +250-08470205
Home: +250-55104140
P.O. Box 3867
Kigali-Rwanda
East Africa
Blog: http://www.cepgl.blogspot.com
Skype ID : Kayisa66

No comments:

Post a Comment