10/3/08

Weekend Words - Rwanda

Rwanda
photo by Maryam at My Marrakesh

The whole world failed Rwanda  - Words attributed to UN staff members under Secretary-General Kofi Annan, reported by Philip Gourevitch in Annals of Diplomacy: The Genocide Fax, New Yorker, 11 May 1998.

Please read Vestines story over at My Marrakesh.

Weekend Words

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/261291/34063921

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Weekend Words - Rwanda:






--
Jean-Louis Kayitenkore
Procurement Consultant
Gsm:  +250-08470205
Home: +250-55104140
P.O. Box 3867
Kigali-Rwanda
East Africa
Blog: http://www.cepgl.blogspot.com
Skype ID : Kayisa66

4 comments:

  1. Excuse me but you can't take a post from my blog and post it to your own as if it is your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbara...

    I have never said that the work was mine... I just took it and put it on my blog because I was touched...

    I can remove it anytime..

    Let me known...

    Lol, Gbu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for it to remain there if you put reference and credit it to me. The important thing here is to raise awareness of the horror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree totally..

    A journalist from Jeune Afrique called me from Paris just to appreciate the fact that I put his article on my blog..

    I have genuine motives and I try to select some news from the Great Lake region..

    Lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete